Tuesday 6 September 2011

It's been a while!

It really has, a combination of school holidays, work, life, kids and injuring my leg all conspired to prevent me getting any blankie blogging going!
Any way, firstly a big thank you 

to Heather C, 

who YET again and sent some lovely squares, this time all blues and blacks and each one an individual pattern - silly me - I forgot to photo them before they were whisked off to be sewn to a blankie,  :)

A quick update - A visit to the post office later this morning will be ensure that this happy group go off today



There are some real characters in there - 


Aren't they cute?
Just in this little gang there are 11 teddies/dollies, 2 mice, 
2 owls, 2 flop eared rabbits and... 
one pig, my boys rather fancied him :)
 thank you
Marta and Carol


Also off today, are this little lot.....


Four delish blankies - thank you 
Marta and Jennifer


I would like to thank all you ladies who have contributed over the months - we have sent a lot of goodies and we are not alone to respond to the need of the victims of the Japanese tsunami. 

My life at the moment is rather full and I am struggling to keep up with all your work, so I would like to say thank you for so much of your time, your wool hunting, your creating and making and for your dedication. Sadly I think I will have to call a halt to our fun but am satisfied that we have made some one smile when they had lost everything.
And in case you had forgotten about those smiles follow this link and here and here

So, all that remains is to say, if you have made already squares and toys, let me have them, I will still send but please send your scarves to Kenta through scarves4japan and not me,
but for now.............

A HUGE HUGE THANK YOU 
and for now 

GOODBYE!!

3 comments:

  1. Still have rather a lot fo squares for you. Don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself now I won't have this to do. Brilliant effort Kate - well done you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate!
    I understand how busy this project must have been for you. We should say thank YOU for organising this. Is there maybe another organisation that'll take our bears and blankets? (Maybe you have some contacts in that direction) Since winter is coming I think I just might start making some blankets again!
    Anyway, take care for now, but I hope to read some stuff on here again in a while.
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand why you are calling halt to this; it has taken up a lot of your time and resources. So a big thank you from me for making me take up my crochet hook after an absence of about 30 years and for introducing me to much more than Granny Squares, especially the Amigurumi animals. I will continue to make things but can now go back to quilting with renewed enthusiasm. Thanks again. Feel free to call on me again!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there...

Thank you ever so much for stopping by today - If you would like to leave me a comment then I would be delighted to hear from you,

Hawthorn x
Sadly anyone signing anonymous will not be published